Workplace Ergonomics Assessment is an easy-to-use online training resource that informs participants of important workplace ergonomics methods. Course participants are also taught procedures for performing their own workplace ergonomic assessment.
- Define ergonomics
- Know the risk factors associated with office work
- Describe WorkSafeBC’s OHS Regulation requirements regarding ergonomics
- Understand the role of organization policies and procedures in ergonomics
- Define a musculoskeletal injury (MSI)
- Understand the relationship between basic anatomy and MSI
- Explain the signs and symptoms of MSI
- Recognize the neutral position and its role in preventing MSI
- Know the correct ergonomic set-up for your workstation
- Do an ergonomic assessment on your own workstation
- Reduce or remove any identifiable risks
- Summarize key points from the course
- Learn additional strategies to keep safe and healthy
Module 1 – The first module consists of three lessons and is designed to introduce students to workplace ergonomics, ergonomic regulations and policies, and risk and prevention of musculoskeletal injuries.
Module 2 – The second module is a hands-on workstation assessment that looks at chairs, monitors, workstations, and more.