Sediment and Erosion Control
Keep dirt where it belongs! Erosion and sedimentation caused by industrial activity threaten water and aquatic wildlife as well as a project’s compliance with regulations. Environmental Monitors work to stop sediment in its tracks!
This course is the third component of the Online Environmental Monitoring Certificate. Get the scoop from environmental experts on the causes and solutions associated with erosion and sedimentation. Learn everything from the various forms of erosion to how to use technology and nature to mitigate potential harm to water and aquatic wildlife.
- Define types of erosion.
- Define sedimentation. Recognize the environmental hazard it presents.
- Understand roles and responsibilities in industry towards erosion and sediment control.
- Understand issues and concerns around erosion and sediment control.
- Develop a basic understanding of bio-engineering principles.
- Learn about common tools and techniques.
- Recognize the role of natural vegetation in reclamation.
Jason Yarmish, BSC, RPBio.
Jason Yarmish is a Professional Biologist with over 18 years of experience working throughout western Canada. Jason completed his BSc in Natural Resource Management as a Fisheries major in 2001.Read More About Jason
Quinn Barabash B.A. Geography
Quinn has over 10 years of experience working in multiple disciplines within the environmental sector. He specializes in fisheries and wildlife sciences and social sciences.Read More About Quinn