Introduction to Environmental Management
Environmental Monitors understand the difference between an EMP and an EPP, or a CEMP and an EMP Component Plan. They also know how to respond to Chance Finds on site.
Learn the ins and outs of environmental management and sustainable development from experts in these fields. This course will provide students with key knowledge pertaining to environmental documentation and project structure. This course will form the foundation for students to recognize the purpose and importance of the daily work of Environmental Monitors.
- Distinguish between environmental protection, prevention and mitigation.
- Recognize the EMP (Environmental Management Plan).
- Understand the role of the CEMP (Construction Environmental Management Program).
- Describe example EMP Component Plans.
- Know the role of the EPP (Environmental Protection Plan).
- Understand project structure, roles, responsibilities, and duties.
- Define the relationship between the EM and Cultural Resource Management.
- Recognize the importance of traditional territories and Cultural Resource Management in British Columbia.
- Delineate Chance Find Procedures.
Hanna Van de Vosse B. Sc., R.P. Bio
Hanna Van de Vosse is a Professional Biologist with a background in fisheries and water quality. She began her consulting career in 1995 conducting various fish distribution and habitat assessments on the Columbia River in the West Kootenay Region.Read More About Hanna
Jen Herkes, MA, Archaeologist
Jennifer Herkes is an archaeologist with Ecofor Consulting Ltd. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in anthropology from the University of Victoria and in archaeology from Simon Fraser University, and she has earned a Master’s degree in Natural Resource and Environmental Studies from the University of Northern BC.Read More About Jen